||Home Remedies for Children's TRAVEL SICKNESS
- Give a light meal before- any journey, such as a bowl
of cereal. a piece of lightly buttered toast or
sandwich. Any sweet or fatty foods should be
- Apples, pears, raw carrots or grapes make ideal
snacks during journeys - and good substitutes for
crisps, sweets, ice cream and chocolate.
- Give bottled spring water and dilute fruit juices to
- Ginger is one of the best natural remedies for travel
sickness. Give pieces of ginger to chew, and make
ginger biscuits with plenty of added stem ginger for
the journey. If your child does not like the taste you
could try giving him ginger tablets to swallow.
- Peppermint will help to settle the stomach and
relieve feelings of nausea. Give Peppermint tablets
to suck and sprinkle a few drops of Peppermint oil
onto a tissue to inhale.