||Home Remedies for Children's PSORIASIS
- Make an infusion of Yarrow by adding I oz/30 g to I
pint/600 ml of water, then add this to the bath
water twice a week to help clear impurities from the
skin. The infusion may also be sipped, preferably a
little each day to bring the best results. Yarrow herb
can be placed in a muslin bag which, when damp,
can be used as a compress and to scrub patches of
- Burdock root is an excellent remedy for dry, scaly
skin. Make a decoction by adding 1 teaspoon of root
to I pint/600 ml of water, simmer for 15 minutes,
strain and give as a drink 3 times a day.
- An ointment containing Burdock will also help to
relieve the irritation and scaliness. Ask a herbalist to
make a special preparation for you.
- Macerated Calendula oil can help to soothe psoriasis.
- You can also add I cup of Chickweed tea to the bath.
- Gently massage the affected areas with Lavender in
a carrier of Almond, Avocado or Rosehip oil.
- For children over 7 years old: Use a blend of equal
proportions of Lavender and Bergamot (4-6 drops of
each in 30 ml of carrier oil).