||Home Remedies for Children's PERTUSSIS
Always consult your doctor and obtain professional
assistance in treating a child with whooping cough.
Treatment is not simple, but with special care and
perseverance the symptoms can be managed.
- Avoid giving dairy products, which can encourage the
formation of excess mucus.
- As well as giving plenty of drinks, offer soothing
home-made sorbets made from diluted natural fruit
juices to suck.
- Make nourishing soups from liquidized vegetables so
they are easy to swallow. Onions, turnips,
watercress, cabbage and garlic are beneficial for the
chest and respiratory system. Try to give your child
some of this soup every day.
- Place bowls of steaming water in your child's room at
night (with added lavender essential oils) to keep the
atmosphere as humid as possible.
- Open the windows to ensure there is plenty of fresh