||Home Remedies for Children's NAUSEA
- Vomiting can be frightening for a baby so do hold
him during the sickness. Once it is over give
- Encourage a baby or young child to take a little
water to rinse out his mouth. Do not let him have
too much until you are sure it is staying down.
- Being sick can be exhausting, so encourage your
baby or small child to lie down and rest for at least
half a day afterwards.
- Ginger is an effective remedy for nausea. Make a
weak Ginger tea by soaking 1 teaspoon of Ginger
root in 1 cup (240 ml) of boiled water, strain, add
honey to taste. Altematively, give ginger to suck.
- Peppermint helps to relieve nausea and settle the
stomach after being sick. Give sips of Peppermint
infusion, or Peppermint tablets to suck.
- Infusions or tinctures of Meadowsweet and/or
Lemon Balm can also help to soothe and settle the
- For children over 1 year old: use Peppermint
essential oil only. Sprinkle onto a tissue for your
child to inhale and add to a base of Almond oil for
massaging the stomach.
For children over 5 years old: you can also use
For children over 7 years old: you can also use
Melissa and Basil. Any of these four essential oils can
be used singly or in a blend.