||Home Remedies for Children's MEASLES
- Keep a child with sore eyes out of bright light. The
best place is bed with the curtains drawn and the
lights dimmed. Watching television is not good for
- Echinacea will help to combat the virus and should be
used once the fever has started to come down. Use
up to 15 drops of Echinacea tincture in 1 cup (240 ml)
of cooled boiled water.
- Eyebright herb will help to soothe sore, sensitive
eyes. Make an infusion and, when cool, strain and
use to bathe the eyes.
- Yarrow infusion helps to reduce a fever and should be
given during the first stages of illness. Pour 1 cup
(240 ml) of water over 1 teaspoon of herb, infuse for
15 minutes, strain and give 3 times a day.
- An infusion of Chickweed can be used to bathe the
rash. Soak cotton wool in this and dab the skin, or
add a cupful to the bath.
- Chamomile and Lavender will help to relieve the rash
and aid recovery. Add 5 drops of each to a small bowl
containing tepid water to make a sponging-down
solution. Soak your sponge or flannel in this solution,
wring out and gently dab over the whole body.
- Warm baths with 3 tablespoons of baking soda will
soothe the rash as well as being generally