||Home Remedies for Children's LARYNGITIS
- Salt water makes an excellent antiseptic gargle for
- A cold pack applied to the neck can help to reduce
inflammation and soreness.
- Run a large handkerchief under the cold tap and
place around the neck. Hold there until it warms up.
- Steam inhalations can also help to soothe inflamed
mucous membranes in the larynx for children over 5.
To enhance the benefits add 1 drop of Chamomile
and 1 drop of Lavender essential oils to the bowl of
steaming water. Always supervise steam inhalations.
- Echinacea helps the immune system to overcome
the viral and bacterial infections responsible for
laryngitis. At the first signs of symptoms add 5-15
drops of Echinacea tincture to boiling water. When
cooled, give as sips.
- Lavender is useful for treating all infections of the
respiratory tract. Add a few drops of essential oil to
baths and massage Lavender diluted in Almond oil
into the throat and chest area.