||Home Remedies for Children's IMPETIGO
- Impetigo is contagious, so change your child's linen
daily and do not share towels, flannels and bedding.
These should be boil washed until the condition
- Discourage scratching, as this allows the sores to
- Add 5 drops of Tea Tree oil to a small bowl of boiled
water and wash the sores thoroughly using dean
cotton wool for each sore.
- Apply a compress to the affected area. You will need
a piece of lint cut into a rectangle large enough to
cover the area of the sore twice over. Soak the lint
in diluted Tea Tree oil and bandage the body. Leave
for an hour, then remove so the area is exposed.
Repeat this treatment until the sores disappear.
- Bathe the sores with Marigold solution 3 times a day.
Add 5 drops of Marigold tincture to a 1/2 pint (300
ml) of cooled, boiled water.
- Dab Calendula cream or ointment onto the sores in
between bathing and at night-time.
- To strengthen the immune system, give 5-15 drops of
Echinacea tincture in cooled, boiled water or fruit