||Home Remedies for Children's HICCUPS
Hiccups are due to a sudden contraction of the diaphragm
which allows air to rush into the lungs. Some babies hiccup
a lot, even while they are in the uterus. Babies may hiccup
every time they feed laugh or get excited. In childhood,
hiccups may result from stomach problems or after eating
certain foods such as onions or peppers.
- Give your child a glass of water to drink 'upside
down'. i.e. tipping his head forwards and sipping
from the other side of the glass.
- Get your child to breathe into a paper bag.
- Give him a wedge of lemon to suck.
- For babies, give water sweetened with honey on a
- Put a drop of Mandarin essential oil on a tissue for
your child to inhale.