||Home Remedies for Children's HEAT RASHES
- There is a tendency to think that newborn babies
need to be wrapped up in layer upon layer of baby
clothes and shawls. As babies cannot remove any
unwanted layers they can become overheated; in
extreme cases this may be dangerous.
- As a general rule baby will only need a cotton vest,
babygrow and cardigan for indoors. For outdoors the
number of layers added will depend on the
temperature. You can easily check if baby is too
warm by slipping two fingers inside his vest.
- Add 1 to 2 drops Lavender and Chamomile to the
bath. These essential oils are suitable for newborn
- Aloe Vera gel will cool and soothe a heat rash.
- Bathe the area with Chickweed tea, or a cupful to