||Home Remedies for Children's HAY FEVER
- Cow's milk and other dairy products are best
removed from the diet, especially during the hay
fever season. They may be tolerated better during
the winter months. Opt for alternatives such as
goat's and sheep's milk, soya, almond or rice milk
- Provide plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Add
garlic to dishes, as this is reputedly helpful for hay
- During a hay fever attack, give your child freshly
squeezed lemon juice and water sweetened with
honey to sip. This will help to soothe symptoms.
- Splash the face and immerse nostrils in cold water,
as this helps to flush away pollen and dust particles.
- If your child is very congested you could try giving
him a simple steam inhalation.
- For relieving swollen, itchy eyes, make a cooling eye
mask by wrapping crushed ice in a flannel. You could
also bathe the eyes with tepid salty water or an
infusjon of the herb Eyebright.
Steep 1 oz/30 g of herb in 1 pint (600 ml) of boiling
water for 10 minutes, strain and use as an eye bath
when cool. Five to ten drops of Eyebright tincture in
boiling water left to cool can also be used.
- Chamomile and Peppermint essential oils can' be
beneficial when inhaled. For best effects, add a few
drops to a vaporizer in your child's bedroom and use
in the bath.